Hottest Technology trends 2014 you should know to keep yourself ahead of the pack in the IT industry.
If you are thinking of opening your own start-up and want to check up on the latest trends in programming then refer to the below hottest technology trends 2014
In today’s world it is very difficult not to worry or contemplate on how to stay relevant in the ever-changing world of technology. Is big data important or should I focus on front facing client applications? Why not server-side data base application? They will always need servers and databases.
Is there a better way to stop gazing into the crystal ball and focus more on what is now in hot demand. By going through the latest trends in the enterprise and start-up space, I have complied a list of the hottest technology trends 2014.
How to make a wise choice on which of the hottest technology trends 2014 to follow?
The simple steps are:
- Go through the list.
- Find the domain or language you work in
- You like the domain/ language and want to specialize in it. Check whether the domain/ language is in the list. If yes, then go for it. Else,
- If you want to change domain for the same language or change language for the same domain. Go through the list, match the domain / language which will help you to change and go for it
The Hottest Technology trends 2014 are:
1. Content Delivery: Look at the client-side techniques, CDN‘s and RESS (Responsive Server Side Component) architectures for faster loading your web content.
2. Virtual networks: All big enterprises use these today. Skills include enabling virtual/software based networking services such as firewalls, NAT, virtual routing. e.g. Cisco’s QvBN.
3. Cloud computing – From chrome-books to SaaS/ CaaS from enterprises, cloud is the way to go. Learn Openstack and important APIs from cloud vendors like AWS, Microsoft,
4. Web services & scalability – REST architectures, frameworks for developing web-services quickly and cheaply – Django, Pyramid etc.
5. Mobility – Apps and technologies to improve mobile applications both on Android and iOS. PHP, Objective-C (iOS), Ruby, Java Scrip + CSS + HTML
6. Mobile access – 4G (LTE) enabled technologies such as mobile broadcast (eMBMS), VoLTE all IP-based native SIP services on mobile networks. Languages are C, C++ etc
7. Testing Technologies: Test other applications for user experience, software/code debugging, hardware products testing, mobile apps, network devices, analytics results
8. Big data Libraries: Use them to allow easier manipulation of data such as ‘R’, Matlab, Python modules etc.
9. Open source applications: These are super powerful applications and you can use them to build your own technology/ app. XAMPP, Chromium, OpenCV, Ubuntu. Wiki list of Open source Programming Languages
Hope the information has been of use to you. Do you believe that there are other technologies which are becoming mainstream and not covered in the list above? Would love to hear about some of these from you.